Monday, July 8, 2013

Rubber Legs

Dear Sweet Jesus, what have I gotten myself into?

I went to Zumba class after work. If you don't know what Zumba is, it is a dance fitness class created by a spanish devil in the 90s that is high energy and sexy.




I like dancing and high energy music so this will be fun, I tell myself. The first 20 minutes I was really into it enjoying jumping up and down and I was doing alright keeping up with the instructor. I could tell my enthusiasm was starting to come down by the first half hour but I was determined to push as hard as I can. Then the squats came... So many squats... I was pouring sweat too and then came the jumping jacks. You didn't have to do just jumping jacks either. It was dance in a circle slap the floor then jump high in the air, repeat. Repeat over and over again. My body was screaming "fuck you" at me. My legs feel like rubber and on top of that I can tell I don't look sexy I look more like...


 Nonetheless, I had fun listening to the music and being down right uncoordinated. I owned my clumsiness and when I got lost in the complicated foot work I just did my own thing. I sweated a lot and though I am sore all over I know ultimately that is a good thing. Had some grilled chicken and green beans after my work out for a healthy dinner. Tomorrow I probably wont go to the gym but on Wednesday I am going to be taking a sexy chair work out. I'm not sure exactly what that means. Regardless, I'm sure it will include me doing some ridiculously exaggerated version of what the instructor wants me to do and I'll end up on the wrong end of the chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment